How to Generate Net New Leads for Sales
May 31, 2022
Generating new sales leads involves the grit of market research as groundwork, which is built through AI-analytics and customer relationship engagement (CRM). Its success can increase market share and provide the sales teams with opportunities for new sources of revenues. This practice also establishes the foundation of lead generation and set-in motion the sales funnel.
Offers and new leads
Regardless of industry, lead generation begins with creating the space for visitors who discover the brand through one or several of its marketing channels. The channels, through their content, invite these visitors to perform a call-to-action which usually takes them to a page that offers them an offer or a reward that they receive upon filling out the lead information forms.
The packaging of this content, including the message, reward, and call-to action, is called the lead magnet. The more attractive the offer, the more urgent the call to attention, the more relevant the message, the greater the chances of the brand netting new leads. Offers range from free e-books that discuss keys to fitness to those who are calorically challenged, ticket to a webinar for digital marketing newbies; or hefty discounts in prestigious membership fees to clubs that previously seemed out of the target market’s reach.
The brand who intends to generate new leads can introduce their content and promos through several channels with features that enable the interested user to register and thus give his lead information:
- The main website: This platform usually gives the first-time user or potential new lead enough content to make him understand and interested not just in the promo or the message, but in the company itself. Some brands put their offer on the main web page to give it immediate visibility. Others prefer to create an entirely different section, the corporate blog.
- Corporate blog: The corporate blog is a series of online posts that the brand leaders do to discuss issues, trends, and yes, products and services that can heighten consumer awareness. This is where marketers can highlight trendy promotions and provide them their own special space, away from all the other information on the main website page.
- Social media channels: Social media channels can open doors to thousands of new customers simply because they do have membership that numbers in the millions. But there is more to getting new leads rather than just playing the number games. Customize your message and make it more enticing through the various tools in social media such as its online ads and sign-up virtual events.
- Social media influencers who do command a considerable following can become partners who can recommend your offer to their communities. Another tool is online referral, where one of your current customers clicks on your content, sees its topic as relevant to their best friend, and sends them the link, making them a potential new lead.
- Product trials: Product trials get undecided users to jump from the fence and become new leads by offering them an extended window of time to sample the offer for free. Some examples are online magazine and news subscriptions, software services, and coaching consultations that range from leadership to mental health. Once that window has closed, they can decide to renew the engagement and become a member or flat-out unsubscribe. Regardless of their choice, their lead information goes into the brand database as soon as they accept the product trial.
- Referrals: The existing customer base can become a launching pad for new leads. Send an email or short newsletter to your present customers, gently nudging them to send it to friends and colleagues whom they might think might be interested. Some customers do not take much convincing to send the referral link; others are persuaded by prizes and rewards from the brand.
Platform combination and new leads
The successful generation of new leads involves a combination of the above, from simple channels as surveys, to a full-blown loyalty program. Webinars, online workshops, networking events are other channels that can involve the loyal customer base. Platform products for social monitoring can help the marketer gain insight into appropriate approaches and channels for netting new sales leads.
Your customer relationship management (CRM) picks up the leads from your visitor traffic to convert them into customers. What then follows is lead scoring, which entails analyzing all that lead information and ranking their levels of interest, from “cold and disinterested,” “curious,” “curious and interested,” “engaged,” “made inquiries,” “interest shows inclination for a purchase,” to “ready for a sale.”
One platform that helps organizations select the appropriate marketing channels that can draw in business customers is DemandScience Intelligence, which supports its lead generation with hyper-focused b2b data. It provides brands with real-time buyer intent data, showing when clients are most interested in a solution and probably most open to the offer. Its email channel cultivates relationships for small businesses. DemandScience Intelligence also uses its multi-platform approach to connect its brands and their decision-makers with their ideal buyers, discovering new leads in the process.
The cycle of new leads
Netting new sales leads today involve a coming together of well-placed marketing, data gathering, cultivation, and technological solutions. It is a build-up from the grunt work involved in attracting visitors, converting them into prospects, closing them into customers, and delighting them into becoming loyal promoters.